I've always loved macro photography. There is a lot to see when you look closely at something, so many small and beautiful details that might otherwise go unnoticed.
Shooting macro is a newer technique for me, and one that I will undoubtedly enjoy refining as I continue to practice and learn. Fortunately, we have a seemingly endless collection of bugs, shells, bones, and other interesting specimens conveniently located right here at home. Below are a few shots from my first macro series:
![]() |
| Dorsal View of a Bird Pelvis |
![]() |
| Unfertilized Robin's Egg in Nest |
![]() |
| Murex Shell |
![]() |
| Sea Urchin |
![]() |
| Aristotle's Lantern (Urchin) |
![]() |
| Fossilized Inner-Ear Bone of a Whale |
![]() |
| Sea Star |







Fantastic images, Carissa!
ReplyDeleteThanks, T!
DeleteADORE these images- really beautiful compositions- espcially the skull, egg and sea star- LOVE
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteVery nice, what lens are you using?
ReplyDeleteHi, Uncle Roger! I'm just shooting w/a regular ol' 18-105 1:3.5 lens + macro extension. Glad you liked them.
DeleteReally cool!!!
ReplyDelete